Headlining

Remove the existing headlining panel - it's a fibre-glass like former. Remove the old material, clean the former down with acetone and wire brush to remove ALL the old glue. Purchase a new length of fabric and with about 4-5 litres of contact adhesive re-furbish it. You will need assistance as the former is too wide to do this on your own.

Ensure you wrap the new material around the edges, (at least 2") when you lower the material onto the former work it from the middle of the former to the outer edges to remove any creases, I found a small 6" paint roller was the best tool to use for this operation.

I did my Disco in a day, removal and refurbish and re-fitted it the following morning once the fumes had dissipated.

Remove the existing headlining panel - it's a fibre-glass like former. Remove the old material, clean the former down with acetone and wire brush to remove ALL the old glue. Purchase a new length of fabric and with about 4-5 litres of contact adhesive re-furbish it. You will need assistance as the former is too wide to do this on your own.

Ensure you wrap the new material around the edges, (at least 2") when you lower the material onto the former work it from the middle of the former to the outer edges to remove any creases, I found a small 6" paint roller was the best tool to use for this operation.

I did my Disco in a day, removal and refurbish and re-fitted it the following morning once the fumes had dissipated.

I did something similar (in my Disco)... except I didn't bother replacing the material layer. I just stained the headlining substrate itself with fence staining. Plenty of colours to choose from, just dilute it down because the headlining absorbed loads! I suppose if you wanted to go light, you'd have to use a paint rather than a stain, but I went dark.

Thanks for the detailed reply. Only thing is i dont have any headlining at all to refurb. I will need to purchase one. Just looking for one with no Alpine windows.. ;)

Thanks Mo. One from LaSalle would be my ultimate aim eventually. As well as yourself there are many that highly recommend them.

I was just hopeful that there might be a slightly more affordable alternative in the meantime. That being said even the standard headlinings seem to be a bit spendy if in decent condition so i may have to consider biting the bullet..

Cheers