Door locks stiff/too loose

90 with the push button doors, on lock is too stiff and won't lock/unlock on the key the other seems too loose and will happy slide down on it's own locking the keys in the truck.

What's the likely fix ? Adjust or new pieces ?

and is it a total nightmare getting at the right bits.

Thanks.

If you remove the door card and lift the window seal up and look where the push button lock is located, you will see it is fixed in place with x2 screws, if you loosen them you will find the lock guide will move slightly left and right. move it a fraction one way or the other then try locking with the key, play around with it till you get best result.

HTH Mutley

• 3 weeks later...

took it apart and it is the plastic guide at the top. For some reason it has play in it the unlock action pushes it to the side and the plastic grips getting stuck at a very slight angle in the runner. WD40 and adjustment don't seem to help. Seems like it wants something to hold it straight in the guide.

Yes I was surprised how little out it needs to be to cause a jam and I've had the slide out a few times trying to work out the problem. I'm going to check the other side now. Also a load of the door poppers are missing, need to find the right part for a 1988 90. I think there is a thread that has them.

The clips part number is MXC1800 and if the plastic retainer that is moulded into the door card which these fit onto has broken? Use a small counter sunk grub screw with the same size head, screw it in and leave it proud a couple of 3mm, works a treat and will never break again, then just slide the black plastic clip onto the screw head! ;):)