2.5TD horn issue

New to the forum and appreciate the help. I have an issue with my horn. It was previously wired on a separate circuit, and I am trying to make it "factory". The horn previously worked until I put my hands on it. I have replaced the steering column stalk/switch as it was dysfunctional for other reasons and reattached the loom purple/black wire to the horn. Ground is to a fender, where it was previously grounded. The horn did not work when using the stock loom; the hazards, lights, turn signals all work and fuse is good. I then ran a separate wire to the horn directly from the stalk to see if it was the loom, still doesn't work. I think the power feed to the stalk is not working and was hoping someone could tell me if it is one of the two purple wires into the plug. What could I use as a separate power feed to the circuit? Previous owner used a constant (brown) off the gauge loom that is now deadheaded.

Thanks, Jeff

horn has a 12v feed on a plain purple wire, this is live when the vehicle is switched off, same as the headlight flash & hazard switch.

the 4 photo's below are the wires to the left hand stalk pins. make sure yours are all tight on the pins, I had to repair the horn wire a few years ago as it broke, make sure the horn push contact is clean too, the end cap can be prised off with a twist of a flat screwdriver blade.

post-20-0-01460200-1435485215_thumb.jpg

post-20-0-69822900-1435485222_thumb.jpg

post-20-0-01758300-1435485230_thumb.jpg

post-20-0-38855300-1435485237_thumb.jpg