v8 90 brake upgrade..........

So, i have built myself a v8efi auto 90, for trialling, however obviosuly i have to get to events and back, i have noticed that the brakes are a bit weak, they are currently stock 300 defender brake set up.....

from what i see there are almost two many options to choose from, however i have got it down to two options...

1. Early 110 front calipers, (apparentl;y bigger pads) with drilled and grooved solid discs,

2. Late discovery/defender calipers with drilled and grooved vented discs....

I suspect that the two options would pretty much provide the same degree of braking, however there is risk of the vented ones getting full of mud, although we don;t tend to trial in mud thats generally too deep so that may not be worthy of mention....

What are peoples thoughts..??

At the same time i will be renewing the rear brakes with new calipers and possibly drilled and grooved discs, although i tend to go through rear poads quick enough already.... so might just go solid rears....

I want to upgrade anyway, as the calipers are old and the discs aren't exactly new either, the system works well, i don;t get any veering around under braking, (well, no more than you'd expect on special tracks!)

i have noticed that with the reservoir at the full mark, after a trial i have fluid on the inner wing from either the angles we drive at, or expansion and overflow through heat.... hence part of the desire to upgrade, i figure better friction materials and surface type will increase braking without increasing heat going into the fluid.... or thats my theory....

as bowie said to be honest.

you could "upgrade" to vent 110 stuff (front) but as you trial it you might just fill them full of mud and then they'll be point less. no point going drilled and grooved as your playing in the mud you'll destroy pads.

As bowie said a fully operational set up will be more than good enough, so just replace like for like all round, make sure servo is 100% and it'll stop very very well.

If you go the 110 route, I wouldn't put 110 callipers on the rear. they brake a bit too well and make the back up lock up a too early.