3,5 V8 rebuid -camshaft bearing question.

Im in the process of getting the V8 rebuilt to go in the 85 - ninety

The engine on the bench has had the rings and big end bearings, done and my mechie is wondering how to change the camshaft bearing, one is difficult to get to and change apparently, im not to familiar with this engine, hence why ive let my mechie mate do the spannering on this one.

Any information or help is appreciated.

Cheers

Glen

I think the last one is in a blind hole. You would need a special puller thing I think?

Some talk of having to line bore or ream them after, but that seems unlikely. They are just weird because they are all different sizes?

I didn't bother doing them on mine because I do so little mileage, but it has to be worth doing to have a nice engine.

Is there not a core plug behind the last bearing?

When I had cam bearings replaced some years ago, they were line honed after being pressed in. This work wad done by Turners.

I do believe that you can also get 'pre-finished' bearings that should be the correct size once fitted.