Are wind deflectors worth fitting

As above, are wind deflectors worth the money? I drive the 110 with my window fully down a lot of the time, if not its often open a crack. Are wind deflectors worth having? Do they decrease noise a little as well as stopping a direct breeze? A set of climair ones for the front seem to be ~£50 once postage and VAT are accounted for.

If you have them, what have you got and would you fit them again?

Bought Climair ones for my wife's Freelander and my 90 about 3-years ago, do the job and yes I would buy them again.

P.S Bought mine direct from Climair as they always seem to have an online discount code available and they are far cheaper than buying from a shop.

Thanks All. Have ordered a climair set. I got them from Paddocks as i was already registered with them so its quicker than entering the details elsewhere and was the same price, to the penny, as from climair direct.

Quick question about fitting - do you have to remove the little lug from the front doors that guides the glass home?

very interesting, i have often wandered if these would solve the issue caused by the venturi effect of my windows being pulled outwards meaning i cant close them at anything over ~40mph,

of course those little guides would probably work being as that is what they are designed for :hysterical:

Well. Got them. Rears fitted fine. The fronts stop the windows going fully up though. They're about 1cm from being home with the deflectors fitted and impossible to get up further. Anyone else had this??

yes i had same but the instructions IIRC said leave them 24 hours with the window up. I got mine up (no pun intended) and then left em there. They worked fine after and I had used new felts and seals and stuff so i had a tight slot (pun intended that time).

Did you get them up all the way Neill or most of the way then leave overnight, then all of the way. I can't get them home at all and now I'm trying to fix the window reg so they're back in the box!!

Tried silicon spray and washing up liquid Barry. They just won't go up all the way. I've left them fitted tonight to see if the passenger one will go up for their tomorrow. The driver side window regulator is broken so it will stay up (again not all the way) but won't wind well now.

Beginning to wish I hadn't bothered. Anyone got a spare regulator???

Just seen this.. Two regulators sitting at the farm matey !!

Had no issues installing my Climair deflectors and really appreciate them even though I've got Air con.... Still prefer to open the vents & window whenever I can....

Just seen this.. Two regulators sitting at the farm matey !!

Had no issues installing my Climair deflectors and really appreciate them even though I've got Air con.... Still prefer to open the vents & window whenever I can....

Bugger! Oh well, i know where to come when i break the passenger side one trying to get the windows up! I cant see what i am doing wrong here - they are a pretty simple fit. The rear ones were absolutely fine.The front windows are just REALLY tight!

I might just deliver them to you one day when I bring your solenoid back... :)

Haha. Feel free to pop in for a cuppa if you are passing this way. I'm happy to store the regulators for you! Plan to sort out new doors in the winter ready to fit next spring with a refurbed bulkhead etc so they may come in handy then.