Where can i find some reasonably priced smart (ish) front seats?

Hi all,

i'm after a set of standard type front seats, would be nice if i could get leather ones, although some smart looking vinyl ones would be ok. I dont want to spend much more than £200 on them, I'm thinking of black ones at the moment although i am aware of how hot they can get.

where is the best place to look?

Paddocks only seem to sell XS dual colour seats, none of which take my fancy, and Exmoor are about a million pounds!

Cheers,

Mikey

2b7b2c3a4e39cdbf22983198a5c43084_zps1f0a

I re trimmed my standards with the exmoor kit, new foams, OE seat heaters etc. turned out fine.

They are easy enough to clean and just wipe down

8b19a27fee2a9d36209a0a58969bd7fc_zpsb8f7

Look better in the truck though. LRIsolutions do a centre retrim kit in G4, I've still got to do mine as I was undecided on fitting rear seats and a centre cubby. I have a standard grey vinyl with a black seat cover at the moment as its only usually 3 of us in the truck at a time

I'm about to do some welding on a mates MG ZS which has rather stunning black leather seats, according to my tape measure, with a bit of fiddling they would defy fit a Defender....

I fitted MGZS seats in mine. Need to be a short arse though as they make you sit up quite high.

I fitted MGZS seats in mine. Need to be a short arse though as they make you sit up quite high.

Was comparing them with a set of Vauxhall Recaros which are fitted to my station wagon, the MG ones looked to be a better fit.

Was comparing them with a set of Vauxhall Recaros which are fitted to my station wagon, the MG ones looked to be a better fit.

They are the same seats in the MGZR but the subframes are flat in the MGZS. Just needed to grind off a small spacer under the base of the frame to fit them flush.

I bought two Britpart XS re trim kits. I wasn't expecting much - but the kit was superb with everything included, even,spray glue. Two years use and they are still every bit as good as the day I re-trimmed them.

I've also fitted Exmoor kits 10 years ago. I don't honestly think there is a lot to call it between the two - other than cost.

I know it's not a popular point of view on here - but the next set I re-trim, I'll use a Britpart kit.

Si

Sighnbox regardless of colour that looks to be a very neat job on those seats.. :)

Regarding the fitment of non LR seats, there are a few neat looking options. Seats from a smartcar of all things look really tidy. There is a guy on another forum who has fitted 5 of the heated ones. Another option I've seen is the RX8.

The main problem with a lot of non LR seats, as has already been mentioned, is the height of them. If you are 6'2" like me, your head will likely be scraping the roof..

• Like 1

I bought two Britpart XS re trim kits. I wasn't expecting much - but the kit was superb with everything included, even,spray glue. Two years use and they are still every bit as good as the day I re-trimmed them.

I've also fitted Exmoor kits 10 years ago. I don't honestly think there is a lot to call it between the two - other than cost.

I know it's not a popular point of view on here - but the next set I re-trim, I'll use a Britpart kit.

Si

I did look at the britpart kits as heard good things about them, although couldnt find anything like the G4 ones

I bought some RX8 heated/electric leather seats in black. Very comfy as they are bucket like. Only £100 ish and they fit straight in... The only arse-ache is angle grinding the brackets off the bottom.

The mounting holes/bolts literally line straight up. However, saying that, i've only had the time to fit the passenger seat so far. Drivers side in the next week or so (that's the plan anyway).