transfer box oil leak

Replace the seal that's leaking?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: (sorry I needed that!)

where is the oil leaking from?

front output shaft >> replace seal (may require drive flange if you have a recess worn into it)

rear output shaft >> replace seal (may require drive flange if you have a recess worn into it)

input shaft >> replace seal (although I think thats an unusual one to fail though ...as the oil doesn't tend to leak from the top of the box much).

intermediate shaft >> hmm that one I don't think you'll solve easiliy.... suspect that the consensus of opinion on this one is for it to be sleeved ... call Mr ashcroft

don't change the oil... it's a well designed and well working box without too many issues (ok it may leak a bit + the diff can be short lived if abused)

Rob

If the casing isn't too worn, 'the O ring bodge' certainly works on stopping the intermediate shaft leak - at least for a while, but then again just about everything is 'for a while' - it's cheap to do, but a bit of work getting the tfr box out, you can't do it in situ.

... I think maybe we scared someone off...

Come on we don't bite, and its a bit of banta... But the op was a bit thin on info

Never heard a complaint of being given too much information before though..

Honestly landrover are designed to leak oil keeps the rust away, and stops swmbo looking at other anoying things than the oily flagstones on the drive ;).. It's when the oil leak stops you want to worry... (I've been shot down with that statement before thanks)

Tin hat, coat, sandbags...