Silicone coolant hose

Hi, I just wondered what people's views were on silicone hoses; I have engine and radiator out and the hoses look a bit tired, so I began to get a list of hoses together then spotted these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LAND-ROVER-DEFENDER-300Tdi-FULL-COOLANT-RADIATOR-WATER-SILICONE-HOSE-KIT-/291501334473?fits=Model%3ADefender&hash=item43ded55fc9 and, looking round there are others. I know they aren't especially cheap, but do they last any better? Is there a point (other than bling, but they are available in black)

Try MK Performance Hose (find them on Facebook & Ebay).

I just bought a full kit in black for my 300TDi and it is excellent.

They are just down the road from me so I popped down and had a word with Kieron (the owner) and he incorporated a couple of slight changes for me (all hoses are made to order, fascinating to see how it is done).

Can't recommend them enough.

The Tee-piece is alloy with flanged ends so very strong but he does two different versions. One with the large diameter hoses at right-angles and another with the large hoses straight through and the small diameter hose at a right-angle, I had the former as that matched the OE one already fitted. Also he made me a slightly longer hose between the bottom Tee-piece and the header-tank, the one he supplied would have suited someone without the radiator shroud fitted as the run is more direct but mine is standard so needed it slightly longer.

"Like" him on Facebook and buy over the phone, you will save a lot of money over the Ebay cost that way.