Defender rear tub rollcage ideas

...Im looking for a little more inspiration for rear end of my roll cage.

Ive seen quite a few trucks with this design but for the life of me I can't seem to find pictures of them out there to draw ideas from. Instead I took some measurements from the standard vehicle and started drawing the tube to show you what I mean:

post-17051-0-84952700-1441021572_thumb.jpg

Obviously there would be some constraints on pipe bend radius but as I say, I have seen this done.

Also my plan would be for the rear end of the tube to tie into the rear winch basket which is mounted at "bed level" in mine between the rear stays. I would probably opt to put in a curved brace above the winch to brace the two sides.

Please don't say "tray back it" as thats not my style for this build.

Any pictures/ideas welcome here!

likewise, glad to see you not traybacking.

if you plan to enter competitions, check that the bend radius is sufficient to pass the relevant cage standard. (if it even is classed as part of the cage or not)

That thought had crossed my mind. Currently as far as I'm aware I didn't believe these parts areas are too affected by cage standards < dangerous assumption so I'm hoping someone may shed some light here.

To be honest I'm looking at having one of the larger firms do the bends who can hopefully offer advice with regards to bend radius.

(but obviously I want it tight as possible!)

At this point itbis only protection, so cage regulations don't really come into it.

The important bits for regulations are the hoop, braces, and down tubes to the chassis, as well as the physical mounting plates.

All the rest can be pretty much as you design, even using pre-formed weld-in bends for tight stuff.