Horn wiring problem

Hello all.

Not been on for a while as everything's been running smoothly.I had to change the ignition switch and now my horns not working. I've a black wire im assuming is the problem as only one end is connected.it's connected with a purple wire and I can't fine where the other end should be. Anyone any ideas?

1987 110 csw if that makes any difference.

Thanks and I hope someone can help.

Connor

if these plain black & purple/black trace wires at the the Horn then plain black is Earth & purple/black trace is the horn feed from the stalk push end at steering column,

purple/black trace to the horn +ve terminal

plain black to -ve terminal & bolted via one of the bracket bolts at bonnet slam panel.

once reconnected it should -- beep beep

if it's at the stalk end there will be a bare pin or unconnected bullet terminal for it to match with. see pic of mine below [1989 110, but wiring is the same] it's the lower slightly darker purple wre/black wire, the go in as shown the feed up the stalk to horn push.

post-20-0-74995600-1441052259_thumb.jpg