Fitting door glass - correct fitting of clips

IanT90

Just about to embark on a rebuild of new doors and decided to get new glass. The glass comes with 2 clips each side and adhesive. I have also bought new door inners and winder mechanisms to make a good job of it.

However, without taking my old doors apart and measuring, how do I know where to fit the clips on the glass ?

The clips bolt on to the winder mechanism so distance apart no problem, the runner they bolt onto has lateral movement so guess it self compensates to some extent.

But does anyone have the position of these clips from each end of the window ?

I can dismantle the original doors as I said and measure them if necessary, but would be helpfull if someone out there has done this previously to save me the trouble ?

Regards Ian

I'd love to measure for you but I just can't do it right now. However from my fairly recent rummages in the door innards I think that it's not critical.

The clip's positions define the stability of the glass, so I'd say wider is better. As you wind up/down, the other side of the pivot point is the one that moves: sort of thinner / wider as it all goes up / down.

Someone is going to correct me now... :hysterical: