Defender td5 Antirob device

My TD5 Defender has an anti robery device controlled by a small 2 button device which hangs next to the key. it looks like a normal door locking device but is only for the alarm. The alarm goes off for no apparent reason when a doo ris opened or the ignition key is turned to start the engine. It sounds awefull and makes it impossible to start the vehicle. Does anybody know how to solve the problem?

My TD5 has an aftermarket alarm also. In my case a 4 button Clifford.

If you do not set it when you exit, then sets itself.

I usually switch to valet mode by pressing 2 buttons simultaneously before I unlock the door. The red light goes solid/not flashing and it allows you to start the engine.

If you do set off the alarm you have to disarm and then put in valet mode to allow you to restart the engine.

It sounds a faff but it does work and alarm/immobiliser must be equal top of your list with a disklok as anti theft measures.

Do you know the make/model of the alarm? It may be on the sounder inside the engine bay.

If so google for an instruction manual.

Hope you sort it

Barry