Defender TD5 Door locks

Ozyboy

Hi guys, wonder if anyone has done this before. I have not called at the steelers yet to check it out. So i am running a 300 CSW, and want to install a TD5 rear door. TD5 rear doors (all the doors for the matter) are keyed alike to ignition.

I have bought a TD5 rear door, and wonder if its possible to get a barrel to suit the later door matched to my ignition key???? Anyone on this form done anything like that. I guess the same goes if you swap the front doors also.

I could install a new barrel and new key, but i am trying to reduce the trouser pocket wear from the mountain of keys i have......

Over to you :D

Oz

The early Td5 door was the same as the 300Tdi age vehicles, it only changed in 2002.

If (as it sounds) you have the later 2002> rear door, then you'll need the whole lot i.e. interior trim, wheel carrier, new door glass etc, all are different. I actually thought the door lock was the same though?

Guest diesel_jim

I thought that the only Td5 door (side and rear) that used the ignition type lock, was the ones that had CDL (central door locking) fitted....

the ones i've driven (from the stealers) have had the "new" type one piece door, but about 8 different keys* on the bunch to open the thing!

* 8 keys being a slight exaduration, but needed for artistic license!! :D

More confusion - the works X-reg TD5 110 CSW has separate key for doors and ignition

All the later 90', 110's etc we've had in recently have only had one key for both

My 1991 90 200tdi had 1 key for al the doors and ignition

Guest diesel_jim

Mind you, my 110 you don't actually need keys for it..... anything remotely key shaped will do!

in fact, if you just glare at the doors they'll open! :rolleyes:

• 5 years later...