Bit of injection pump snapped

Whilst taking the injection pump top housing off to do the throttle spindle seal, I snapped an ear off of the throttle springy thing. Turns out the EGR type pump has lots of extra levers in it which prevented the cover coming off easily like every guide on the internet says it does.

post-18025-0-24842600-1463945880_thumb.jpg

I don't know where the piece is, so it may be in the bottom of the pump. I rooted around inside with a magnetic screwdriver but didn't find it. I could probably replace the broken part, but I suspect it's likely that the missing piece would destroy the pump anyway.

Thoughts?

• 5 weeks later...

So to close this off after a month of finding time to get the pump off and seek out the right part, I had to buy the full spring assembly @ £75. Part number is 1 463 163 150.

I took the opportunity to replace all the seals on the pump at the same time and shook it upside down a lot. Nothing fell out so i'm fairly confident about it not being in there. I tried to take the distributor head off to really check inside, but one of the torx screws was rounding so left it alone.

post-18025-0-02751600-1466459222_thumb.jpg