Hot relays

Can anyone enlighten me as to what the second relay from the right is for in a 1991 90? It gets very hot on a drive and although everything still seems to work, I'm just wondering why it gets hot? It's too much to leave my finger on it more than 2 seconds, which just doesn't seem right.

Also, I've just changed the hazard/indicator flasher relay and now the trailer light warning flashes in time with the indicator light. It used to do this occasionally with the old relay but I'm wondering if it's the relay or a short circuit somewhere? Seem to remember having issues with it before when the trailer wiring was full of mud?

Any thoughts welcome!

post-71-0-63591200-1464124487_thumb.jpg

Richard

• 4 weeks later...

Good point, I haven't tried removing it yet but will have a go.

Also discovered that the new Hazard relay is clicking all the time whilst the ignition is on, whether the indicators are on or not. Starting to wonder whether the hazard switch is at fault? I suspected the relay as it seemed to be sticking - when I gave it a tap it would continue working for a short while before sticking again. Could the switch failing have that effect?

Richard