Internal Fan - any suggestions......

I'm looking to fit a small (maybe oscillating) fan (or fixed double-fan) in the cab and have some slightly cool breeze in my face when (if) the summer begins. Anyone got any suggestions from personal experience of small ones that are not overly expensive (some yacht ones are £60+) but can actually shift some air. I can find plenty on ebay, amazon and other places from £10 - £20 but have no idea whether they'll actually do the job/last. Any suggestions?

I think there is a reason the Marine ones are expensive. The 10-20 ones are on the whole shockingly bad. Not even the quality that would deserve to arrive a Blue Box!

I used to have one made in the US and intended for RV / Motorhomes which was reasonably expensive - probably somewhere between the two - but pretty good quality, multi speed, oscilating and not too noisy.

Last year I fitted a Spal radiator fan in the rear window of my double-cab, blowing air outwards. When you open the vents or a front window - it was like a tornado! Very effective - but a bit agressive and noisy!

I had considered buying one of the fans used on Air Conditioning condensers on cars as these tend to be much lower power than radiator fans (hence quieter) and installing in the same place.

Si

I think there is a reason the Marine ones are expensive. The 10-20 ones are on the whole shockingly bad. Not even the quality that would deserve to arrive a Blue Box!

I used to have one made in the US and intended for RV / Motorhomes which was reasonably expensive - probably somewhere between the two - but pretty good quality, multi speed, oscilating and not too noisy.

Last year I fitted a Spal radiator fan in the rear window of my double-cab, blowing air outwards. When you open the vents or a front window - it was like a tornado! Very effective - but a bit agressive and noisy!

I had considered buying one of the fans used on Air Conditioning condensers on cars as these tend to be much lower power than radiator fans (hence quieter) and installing in the same place.

Si

I suspect that might be overkill for the Scottish summer! (it was a Wednesday last year!)