Rear brakes overhaul not going well

With my mot imminent decided to overhaul rear brakes:

New discs, calipers and pads.

Started on near side, disc replacement was straight forward, even greased and checked bearings etc while apart.

Then hit problem, brake pipe was not moving stuck solid in the caliper. Tried easing oil and heat but no success. As I was planning replacing caliper thought no problem get new brake pipes replace them too.

N/S not to bad got Bearmach part £8 not perfect fit one bend is 45°wrong way but its adaptable. The O/S is only available as original part from LR at £75. So if I have same problem on the O/S I will be fabricating my own pipe.

On top of this needed to replace bottom bushes and washers on shocks N/S no problem. O/S could not get bottom nut off so ordered new set of shocks. Can always keep the N/S as a spare.

So what started as a straight forward job or 2. Has become a pain in the proverbial the brake pipe is a really annoying problem anyone else had same issues ?

Ian

So what started as a straight forward job or 2. Has become a pain in the proverbial the brake pipe is a really annoying problem anyone else had same issues ?

Ian

All the time! Especially trying to undo old original brake pipes, more often than not I have to cut them off and make new ones.

Funny enough I now remember replacing all my brake pipes on my old 2a many year's ago now. Didn't think I would need my brake pipe flaring tool again so sold it. Ah well you live and learn.