Broken anti roll bar bracket

We did 600 miles through France yesterday back to the UK. The 110 was great the whole time apart from the odd clunk from underneath. It wasn't driving strangely so we pushed on to my parents in Kent.

Took a look underneath this morning and found the culprit.

77A0C467-57BA-4B20-9CBD-A93B7E42134D_zps

Broken anti rollbar to chassis bracket.

I've got a pair on order from LR for tomorrow morning along with the bushes.

Are there any other reasons for this other than rust and old age? It was mostly road work this holiday.

It seems to have caused wear in the front trailing arm bush on the opposite side NTC9027. I can gently push the arm up and down in the bush now and the big discs that are bonded to the outside of the rubber bush (front and back) are no longer bonded and will turn if I loosen the nut a little. I think I have a spare in the garage so will replace this when I get home tomorrow.

You've only got the wee skinny roll bar and tbh it looks like there's been a fair bit of tin worm action happening there...

The front arm to chassis rubbers aren't bonded, non that I have seen anywhoo... definitely sounds like they could do with being refreshed... and a perfect time for you to do the front rad arm bushes too...

I've just replaced them on my Disco and it passed its MOT perfectly, but on closer inspection of the rad arm with a gentle pry bar to be revealed that the inner tubes on the bushes no longer had much support from the surrounding rubber...

Thanks Mav. Yeah, I think it's just rust. We heard it let go near La Rochelle, so a fair way from home!

These are the bushes and it's the metal discs on these that I mean

http://www.jgs4x4.co.uk/land-rover-defender-discovery-1-rear-trailing-arm-chassis-bush-kit-ntc9027.html

I only replaced these about 18-24 months ago with genuine parts, so I would suspect perhaps it's extra wear from this roll bar that made it let go?

My apologies the way you'd written it I read it as your front rad arm bushes.

From the ones I've taken apart these are Not bonded to the rubber either but the discs are are held on by flaring the ends of the "crush" tube that the bar goes through... sounds like the main bar nut wasn't right enough and it's caused the trailing arm to move around in the center tube...? Sounds odd for a genuine part.