grinding gear change after long journey

If i drive around without having to change gear too often my gears are fine. if i get stuck in traffic several times on a long journey, the gear sometimes are a pain to engage. this is normally only 1st and reverse from a stand still. any ideas whats causing this. its a new clutch system , new slave and master, with new fluid. i do tend to hold it on the clutch a bit, especially on the hills.

• Like 1

definitely sounds like clutch hydraulics to me... most likely is an air bubble. bleed it through with a long clear pipe on the lower bleed point (long bit with a high bend then into a clean bottle to save fluid) and see if you get air coming through...if you do, keep going till you don't have any more....but remember to top it up every so often or you'll just pull more air into the system

Bleed the clutch with the vehicle parked pointing uphill (or jacked up, remembering safety pints like chocks and axle stands) to make sure that any air in the slave cylinder is forced to the bleed nipple - it's impossible to get a 100% bleed with the vehicle level or pointing down.

• Like 1