New bulkhead defender 90

Hi guys,

Just looking for some advice, I'm looking for a new bulkhead for my 200tdi 90 and would like to go the galvanised option. I'm looking to keep the original dash etc and looking at a brand new TDCI bulkhead (£780) then get dipped. But apparently there a bit of work to do before getting dipped (tunnel cut off, extra holes redone). Has anyone done it or know if it's worth doing or if it's too much effort. I'd appreciate any help.

Many thanks greg

I've not done it but tdci has no flaps and the dash/heater is completely different. So I would use a 200tdi bulkhead (i'm pretty sure you can get them ready galvanized) however you could use a td5 bulkhead but it does require modifications which I would do then get it galvanized.

Mike

Thanks for the replies,

Yeah I phoned a place up about tdci and they said not.much involved but I wasn't too sure, I guess they just wanted to sell them.

Would u guys recommend anywhere, I know ashtree do them but there pretty pricey. And If I was to repair and dip mine, would u recommend to brace the bulkhead in certain spots to stop it warping? And best way to kill the rust inside the bulkhead cavity?

Many thanks greg

Forget Ashtree, lots of stories of people who've waited months and months and months. I saw one at the Stoneleigh show and I was shocked at how poor the repair work was for what was advertised and charged.

Looking for Mossside, R O Engineering, or The Welding Wood

I've messaged that mosside fella waiting on a response.

Thanks supaimy, so did u keep the orginal dash and dials etc? And did they fit straight in pretty much. I was thinking king buying new tdci, fit everything on it and make sure it fits well, dismantle then be sent off to get dipped. Also was the cavity of the bulkhead painted too when u bought it, and best way to clean it off.

Thanhs for the reply.

The bracing fitted means I have 4 small patches, the feet bolt thru to the frame so just the edge of the tubes are ungalved and the top brace goes thru the screen mounts so a patch the size of an 8mm washer each side , quick bit of cold galv spray and its done.

As the zinc is sacrificial and is covering the majority of the metalwork the small patches not galved won't be an issue , certainly it should last longer than the 22 years the original did , and at that point in 22 years time I won't be changing it , that'll be the kids job!