Poor brake pedal

Jayjayd

Hi this is my first time and I need help.

300tdi disco 1 I have replaced all 4 calliper so all flexi hoses master cylinder and most of the brake pipes.

bled with Ezi bleed pedal very poor and only the osf brake seems to work any ideas please

Edited by Jayjayd

I've found LR's fitted with the brake bias valves a pain in the ass to bleed as you sometimes get an ait lock in the valve.

ntc8836.jpg

Stupid question I know, but you have installed the rear callipers with the bleed nipple at the top... (it is possible to fit them to the opposite sides - I've seen it done...)

Things you can do. - you need an assistant to pump the pedal, try cracking the unions on the bias valve to clear any air there.

Next while the pedal is fully pumped up and depressed, sharply open up each bleed nipple on the callipers, this can help shift stubborn air locks too.

Make sure there's a pipe on the nipples and make sure you're wearing goggles! and plenty of rags to mop up the brake fluid.

Last few trucks I've done I've found its the drivers side rear calliper that has seemed to have been the problem. Try get is to a useable state then drive it around for a bit then try re-bleeding, the natural vibrate and movement of driving helps to settle out any air pockets.

Another thing to try is keeping the brake pedal depressed overnight this seems to help any trapped air sort itself out in the master cylinder.

I bought a Gunson pressure bleeder for not very many £ from ebay - not actually tried it get but it had got some good reviews for stubborn air locks in brake systems, you can just go through a lot of fluid with doing that method that's all.

4 hours ago, Maverik said:

I've found LR's fitted with the brake bias valves a pain in the ass to bleed as you sometimes get an ait lock in the valve.

ntc8836.jpg

Stupid question I know, but you have installed the rear callipers with the bleed nipple at the top... (it is possible to fit them to the opposite sides - I've seen it done...)

Things you can do. - you need an assistant to pump the pedal, try cracking the unions on the bias valve to clear any air there.

Next while the pedal is fully pumped up and depressed, sharply open up each bleed nipple on the callipers, this can help shift stubborn air locks too.

Make sure there's a pipe on the nipples and make sure you're wearing goggles! and plenty of rags to mop up the brake fluid.

Last few trucks I've done I've found its the drivers side rear calliper that has seemed to have been the problem. Try get is to a useable state then drive it around for a bit then try re-bleeding, the natural vibrate and movement of driving helps to settle out any air pockets.

Another thing to try is keeping the brake pedal depressed overnight this seems to help any trapped air sort itself out in the master cylinder.

I bought a Gunson pressure bleeder for not very many £ from ebay - not actually tried it get but it had got some good reviews for stubborn air locks in brake systems, you can just go through a lot of fluid with doing that method that's all.

thanks for your reply , I have used the gunson pressure bleeder and the callipers are on correct but I will try the other methods thanks.