3.9 discovery transmission resistor

G'day all. I'm a bit of topic here with my build.  Project is a 76 model VW BUS with a 3.9 95 model Australian red tuning resistor no cat setup midmounted into the bus. I'm using a Toyota HiAce  diesel 5speed with a divorced Nissan 720 4WD transfercase. I have a problem finding information on the Auto Manual transmission resistor

1 it's location in the loom

2 a google pic of it

3 It say in the manual transmission it goes to earth does the resistor have to be on or can I just run the wire to earth. 

G'day all. I thought you would like these Aussie builds. These are few pics of a mates collection of custom owner builds he has a standard Rangie a custom dual cab Rangie the shorty & is building a forward control the 3 customs run 6cylinder turbo multi port injected Landcruiser engine. the dual cab uses the original ZF auto the owner built the adaptor bellhousing to bolt the 2 together. the shorty is on a rangie chassis. I will put up some more pics if wanted.

note the rear suspension arms he built them to replace the factory upper A arm.

{img]180_zps5f14da96.jpg[/img]