Capstan winch

Bandog

Leave it with me. I have some from a year ago on the series before I started the project, with the original 2 1/4 diesel. 

Flat out doing 50, deaf, choked out, frozen, partially blind due to condensation, and gassed out with fumes. Roof leaking like a sive...  Mmmm memories of water going down the back of my neck. You have to love a series 

DSC_0012-980x551.JPG

Edited by Bandog

14 minutes ago, Bandog said:

Anyone want it? 

Yes, but ....
I see your first post says:
"Got a aeroparts capstan winch here, complete and working. The rope roller needs un seizing and new bearings but it is OK, and works with nothing missing. "

I have to double check :-) Do you have the drive shaft and crankshaft dog to connect the winch to the engine?

Do you have a price in mind? - Given the weight I would probably drive over to collect, rather than arrange a courier. I'm near M1 J28.

Regards.

I have a price in mind. One million plus vat. 

Moving swiftly on, yes seriously I have a rough idea. I am a fair man. If you genuinely want it, and are going to use it no problem. We will have a deal. 

What I don't want to do is let it go cheap, then see it on eBay in a week. 

Two points.

No, I was not thinking of re-selling, via eBay or any other channel.
Since first posting I too have done some research, and decided I don't want one enough to pay what might be a fair price. It would, after all,  be more ornamental bling than something used weekly, or even monthly.

Regards.

• 11 months later...