Td4 running rough

Anthony4x4

Hi people join this forum  approx 1-2 weeks ago but as of yet haven't found the page to  introduce myself so here goes  I have just purchased my first freelander TD4 on a 51 plate with the bmw engine with faults.I am A self  taught  mechanic with petrol old school that's the time before all of these computers so having a little problem  diagnosing faults hope someone can help  first let me ask which diagnostic computer is best  prefer by the Freelander owner here our the faults On it  when starting from cold it's fine but the accelerator pedal isn't responding properly it's moving an inch before the engine starts to rev up and when  driving down the road and you take your foot off the accelerator it feels like I have  touched  the brakes when the engine  gets warm it's like it's running on three cylinders the only thing I have done is unpluged the turbocharger  boost sensor the one on the left hand side of the inlet manifold as you face the engine thinking it was the maf and the car runs a lot better the  accelerator  functions normal now and  feels like it's running on four cylinders now but with a little bit of a miss-fire I can run it like this but would like to get it  sorted  any help will be much appreciated 

Edited by Anthony4x4
Grammer