Discovery parts catalogue - japanese import?

twodoorgaz

Hi folks.

We are starting the process of importing a late Discovery 1 from Japan.

Being something of a part number nerd (all those years of building Series IIIs living by the parts catalogue), I'd like to systemically identify all the parts that differ between the Japanese and UK models (aside from the obvious - speedo, radio, parts of the loom, etc). and from that I'll decide what I want to replace (already have a large stock of Disco bits).

Before I commit to buying a parts catalogue like this one if anyone has one to hand can they let me know if there are comments in the various frames saying where parts differ between markets (e.g.: Japan/ROW only, etc). 

Thank you very much.

Edited by twodoorgaz

http://lrparts.ru/engl/ Click on Microcat, select Disco 1 in the left menu then select the desired section and when you click on the part's number it will appear if it's + japan or ROW if it's a difference between part numbers ...or this http://www.allbrit.de/NAV.cfm?PAGE=809917&SPRACHE=EN 

Edited by sierrafery

Don't sweat it, there isn't anything different. I think the binnacle is actually the same, it's facia of the speedo dial that is different, it will probably have both kph and mph marked (I wish my Aus discovery did).

The audio system may have some differences, but it's mainly because if it's a high line model it needs line out not speaker out (you can get a doodad off the internet to convert it, otherwise you get terrible hum).

And the other thing might be that it's EDC.

I had one before I left the UK and it was immaculate condition, I was gutted to leave it there, but we'd not owned it quite long enough.

Speedo has dual speed markings,  so not an issue in the UK at MOT time, radio frequency is wrong for U.K. so just replace the head unit to one with UK spec, I understand if it's a Tdi the exhaust pipe at the manifold end is different to the UK system, something with emissions in Japan, if and when it due for replacement just fit the UK system. Finally the Japanese security system isn't as comprehensive as the uk system either the alarm or immobiliser part of the system is missing.

As "for parts of the loom, etc" ??    :(

Edited by teabag