I hate myself

Bandog

Would not stop for a serious Road accident, so I rang 999 and told services that the car in the ditch needed immediate assistance, ambulance etc. We got into an argument and I had an episode of ptsd. Deepest darkest Lincolnshire it could be the difference between life and death. Could have been 30 minutes before someone else saw what was occurring. 

I am a registered red cross first aider, I don't think he will be talking to me in the near future. 

You don't leave people dying.!  Went back on my bike, because I was too drunk to drive, the guy was serious but stable in hospital. 

I feel like **** for doing my mate because he wouldn't stop,  but might have saved the man in the cars life, don't know as yet 

I wouldn't be too hard on yourself.  With a 1st aid certificate (I have one too) there isn't an awful lot you can do in the event of a serious RTC.  The very best option is to call the Emergency Services and if possible stay at the scene and assist if necessary - but it's not always possible.  To be perfectly honest I'd rather wait for the services (even Mo Murphy, though it's a close call ;) ) than have me try & treat me!

Si

Thanks. Sobering up realise now that I have seen me pals true colours. 

Dirty sneaky selfish coward. I asked him what if that was his Mrs and kids, he said he would have stopped then. I think he missed the point. It could have been somebody's wife and kids. Anyway, he started it, grabbed my throat and we went over the bike backwards. Still no doubt be getting a visit from the plod today. Could be worse 

Yeah regarding the accident I would relax. Wouldn't have been much you could do. I was a first-aider when I worked on railways but a serious RTA goes well above and beyond what you could hope to achieve with no equipment to hand.

Regarding your "friend" - if he had put his hand round my throat he would be the one in need of immediate first aid........

• Like 1