Cornish Rattler

Extreme 4x4 removable tow bar ?

13 posts in this topic

Hi guys

Just thinking ahead really but does anyone know if a Defender Extreme 4x4 removable tow bar will fit a S2a swb the tow bar atm is fitted to my 90 with a new Richards chassis and if it will fit swap the tow bar over to the S2a with new Richards chassis, its the holes where the front fixing plate and tow bar fix to the rear X member I am thinking about, what do you think :)

No idea. Ive had three now - none on a series bus. But I found Extreme very good to deal with, very helpful...

15 minutes ago, honitonhobbit said:

Ive had three now

Side question, are they EC stamped?

Edited by landrover598

Nope - so you need a older bus; pre 98according to The Regs

They are well made. Good weld penetration, nicley formed. The main pin is a 16mm link arm pin so will be safe to 10 tonne or so SWL. PITA to get a spare though. I limit mine to 2.5tonne absolute max. Any more and it's time for the Mighty G or the Fendt.

I've also made up some auxillary fitments for things like the bike rack and the Overland trailer

Edited by honitonhobbit

Difficult, no, costly? Well the EU had their hand in it, so can only imagine so.

Blank plate, some stamps, a number... how hard can it be

Remember, as long as he doesn't actually get investigated by CSI (as they are now called), no one is going to know any different. MoT is just electrics and a cursory look. The Police aren't interested unless someone dies

Ask the supplier.
CE is not an issue as Series are too "old"

Hitch CE marking does not apply to commercials, or it didn't.  Is that still the case?

Chris

12 minutes ago, GBMUD said:

Hitch CE marking does not apply to commercials, or it didn't.  Is that still the case?

Chris

Commercial vehicles are exempt from the post '98 CE requirement.

1 person likes this

I only want to go this way if it will go as I don't want a big drop plate hanging down with a ball on it as it can get messy if the ball cover is off and reaching in the back also ever since the accident we had with the 90 which involved replacing the chassis I want it so I can remove the drop plate when its not in use as I have been doing with the 90 since fitting the said tow bar to the 90 :)