Drilling a Thor Manifold for Multipoint LPG

=jon=

Hi

Has anyone fitting multipoint LPG onto a Thor Inlet, and can share some pearls of wisdom about how and where they fitted the injectors? Looking on ebay at second hand manifolds, the norm appears to be to drill the lower section and fit the injectors on short pipes, eg: 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RANGE-ROVER-P38-DISCOVERY-II-4-0-V8-LPG-CONVERSION-INLET-MANIFOLD-HRC2905-/142284739633?fits=Car+Make%3ALand+Rover&hash=item2120d4d431:g:epIAAOSwx6pYsl~f

If there's some wisdom to be shared from past experience it'd be much appreciated :)

I have a multipoint lpg manifold on the shelf here. Drill it where you can get the drill in and insert the jet, that is all that has been done. The threads have been sealed with some sort of goo as well 

to to save you the bother I can ask the guy it belongs to if he wants to swap for a non lpg manifold

• 2 weeks later...

I only just saw this thread. Mine are in the top of the manifold, which isn't optimal. And pay really close attention when doing that, because the outer tubes cross over. That stumped a lot of people for a very long time...

I'm ideally looking for a pre-drilled manifold - there's one on ebay at the moment but the breaker selling it wants £100 for it, which seems very steep to me... Failing that I'll get a standard spare and get the drilled to make the swap easier :)