RRC Fuel Tank

1986RRCV85SPD

Link to LRcat for you: http://new.lrcat.com/#!/1230/76077

If yours is the same as mine - 3.5 EFi with metal tank & low filler - the pump fits into the top of the tank & has a gasket. The pump is held in by a ring of screws. No sealant required.

The level sender fits into the side of the tank & has a gasket. Held in by a metal ring which you turn to give a firm fix. No sealant required.

The fuel pump pick-up is adjustable for length. I replaced my tank some years ago & didn't realise that. Result was that according to the fuel gauge I was low (but with the old tank would have been fine for at least another 30 miles or so) & according to the engine there was no fuel & I came to a stop about a mile from the petrol station I was going to!

I had a chat with the supplier of the tank & we checked the tanks he had in stock. No two were exactly the same measured from the pump hole rim to the bottom of the tank. 

Edited by paintman
  • Like 1