slightly offtopic bust as you can no longer buy a defender.....

qwakers

what does everyone think of the new hilux?

i test drove a invincible-x crewcab and fell a bit in love with it, its a very nice place to be and pulls like a train. some of the toys are a bit annoying (lane departure warning for example, and i found the traction control a but too keen) but they can be turned off. the only problem i have with it is the £35k pricetag.....

I felt it a little under powered, I hated the ipadtype thing on the dash and over priced. I have a dmax at the moment which i prefer to the hilux. The dmax has a facelift coming in April with new satnav system new gearboxes and a 1900 diesel which just sounds wrong so I've ordered a v6 amarok which should come this month or next then the dmax will be for sale. The dmax is definitely more robust and cheaper than the vw so I think for a farmer or site worker it would be the better choice but the vw is more comfortable if it's your only car.

Take a look at the Fiat, it's the mitsubushi with different headlights but they would do the top of the range for under 20k plus vat. You can run in 4wd on road, leather, twin climate, satnav, reverse camera etc etc