Intake Hose Ideas

need4speed

Ok so the AFM unit has a diameter of 80mm and the plenum 72mm. 

Given the route my hoses are going to take I need a 135 degree reducer - which I can't seem to find in these dimensions OR flexible reducing intake hose.

Any ideas?

I'm about to update my Racer build thread with my intake progression.

I found a 70mm hose fitted the intake, but your quite right, you can't get 135 degree reducers and there's limited 90 reducers as I found out!

It a bit of trial and error and find the best combinations of reducing bends and straights!

Steve

Ah :)

Have done this with a 90, then a piece of pipe, and then a 45, gives you more option for adjustment fore and aft to reach the filter behind the plenum. I would think a 135 would be too limiting.

I'm now wondering why nige's kits uses a different size... 

Any how, I am sure you can get a silicon 90 with 70/80mm ends.

I used silicon hoses I bought on fleabay for about 20-30€ each, you could buy a 90 with a reducer from 80-72 in it, then cut the 90 off somewhere in the bend to get the right angle. those AFM pipes of Nigels have a flared end so it wont really matter if you only have enough pipe over the tube to get a hose clamp on. but that would put the AFM pipe very close to your plenum.

I had to shorten my 90 degree silicon hose onto the plenum to be as short as possible so my AFM pipe could fit past my brake booster (LHD the brake booster is on the other side) 

I used a 90 degree exhaust elbow cut and welded to give this path, the elbow is 76mm and so is the silicone joiner, at the plenium I cut a strip of the steel tube and split it so it fitted over the spigot, put a little bit of RTV at the split and clamped the silicone joiner over it. The manky pod filter is being replaced with a TDi filter which will connect to a snorkel P1020406_zps5a9f2567.jpg

Hopefully the attached photo will work and show how I've just got around a similar problem.

The bend after the the manifold is a reducer from Ebay for about £20. The supplier seems to have pretty much every combination going.

All the best.

David

IMG_2759 (2).jpg