daveturnbull

FFS not again.....

60 posts in this topic

:lol: Did you just knock that photo up? I've looked really closely but I can't say for sure there's a vice in the frame? Please be very very careful, I'm actually worried for those cans.

Def going to do a little bit on my 75, and if a few quid comes in I'll potentially chase up a 74 and maybe an 80 to complete the set. But there's something else I plan to do a little bit of a feature on... (not mine, but identical)

s-l1600.jpg

1 person likes this

I took the photo about two years ago, all those cans have long since been emptied in to pint glasses and drank :) Those little 80's seem to fetch more than they deserve for such a small size.

Look forward to seeing the toe jack, they always seem to be rated far higher than you'd expect.

1 person likes this

Now show us the picture of all those empty tins squished up. I want to see how thin you got them without breaking the vice. :ph34r:

3 people like this

Regarding my Record No. 23 with a broken quick release, I took some scrap to a nearby yard today that rather impressively resells anything that's salvageable. There I found a No.22 that was broken and a No.24 that was complete. The former is certainly smaller than mine and the latter probably bigger but I wasn't sure. 

Anyway they wanted £80 for the 24 in its 'original' state and I thought that a bit much just because my qr isn't working.

My better half is happy that I didn't spend but I'm wondering if it was a reasonable price.

Instead I impulsively bought a big trolley jack that I have spent a happy hour cleaning up. That was a tenner so we are both happy!

I think he'd just have a huge vertical plate on one end of a surplus Warrior from Withams and drive it up against a sturdy wall..

1 person likes this