Velar spotted

Scotts90

Whilst crawling towards a set of traffic lights heading through Mauchline I spied a large honeycomb grill and the "RangeRover" bonnet badging  edging towards me....too big for an Ewok, too small for a Sport...Velars aren't out yet I thought? 66plate in grey with a black roof, the answer to my "out yet ?" question was answered.

Above the front reg plate in a slightly different shade of grey were the words "prototype vehicle" so I assume this could be a pre-release press hack? Either way it looked not too bad all round, nicer than the D5 with its daft offset rear number plate. No pics as the traffic car behind wouldn't have been too happy ;)

Interesting comparisons to the D5, isn't the Velar on the smaller D-Sport platform?  Transverse engine, no low range gears etc.?  Actually quite a different vehicle size/type one assumes. I have yet to see a Velar in the flesh - or a D5 outdoors and 'in context'.

Chris

I have seen a couple of D5's now and I think they are a disappointment to look at (not driven one yet), having said that I hated the D3 when they first came out and the looks of the D3/4 have now really grown on me

Guess we will grow to love it!