Help with electronics

Roverdrive

Hi Guys / Girls

I am looking for a simple alarm for a security project I am working on, but it needs to be as simple as possible!

Does anyone know of any self build kits that include remote fob wireless operation, door switch actuation only? No need for microwave space sensing or that sort of malarkey. If there is something off the shelf with just that so much the better, but I need to keep unit costs down if this idea is going to work.

Thanks in advance

Mike

It's often simpler & cheaper to hack an existing product.

There are plenty of key-fob switches which operate a relay.  The one I use to switch the fuel burning heater in my LR is intended for turning LED lights on & off.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12V-Remote-Control-Switch-ON-and-Off-Using-This-25m-RF-controller-/152478281003?hash=item238069ed2b:g:o44AAOxy69JTCm3R

You really only need that plus the window / door switch and the sounder - both of which you can buy off the shelf.

Si

Thanks for the hints gents.

Si, I don't think that will work, as I want an alarm to go off for a set time, and then shut off like a car alarm.

I was looking to hack an existing alarm ( Thanks FF I hadn't considered motorcycle alarms ) but the ones I have seen incorporate central locking, volumetric sensors etc etc. I am not going to be using any of that, so it seems like a waste of money. If I am taking this idea forward, I need to keep unit costs down. I guess I need to find a self build timer circuit and incorporate the switch you found Si.

Not easy to research as presently in the Atlantic on a ship, and internet speeds are best described as glacial!

Mike

I'm pretty sure I have an alarm ecu etc. here you can have. It was part of a cdl kit, that I don't need as I'm driving them off another alarm and one touch boxes. Let me take a look over the weekend, and let you know model etc. and if you want it, you can have it for cost of postage. 

Cheers, Steve 

On 3/30/2017 at 6:06 PM, Roverdrive said:

Si, I don't think that will work, as I want an alarm to go off for a set time, and then shut off like a car alarm.

That's easy - use the sensor to trigger a one-shot timer (timer relay) which sounds the alarm, then switches off after the preset time.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hot-12V-DC-Delay-Relay-Delay-Turn-on-Delay-Turn-off-Switch-Module-with-Timer-/322457269251?hash=item4b13f37403:g:wTsAAOSwhRxXKy5l