2001 Disco 2 transmission help.

Fathandracin

To start off I bought it in New Port news VA and drove it back to West Virginia.400 miles and not an issue.My wife drives it the next day a little over 50 miles.Some of it is gravel roads with pot holes.She comes back home,drops me off my lunch at work.Get in the Disco to go home and it won't move,forward or backwards nothing.We pull it home and I decided to change the filter.Put in a new one from British Atlantic.Go to move it and still nothing.Hook up my computer to read the codes I got P0722 output shaft speed sensor circuit no signal.So I ordered on of them,put it in today and still won't move.I have no idea what to do.weather to take off the wxyz switch and clean it or put a transmission in it.Please help thanks.

Did you follow the correct filling procedure, it's an awkward one. Car level, filler plug out, fill till starts to come out. Start car and keep filling as someone moves through the gears until you get a dribble out.

Next thing to check is the wiring, it can chafe around the rear of the transfer box.

If the display shows the correct gear as you move through the box then the xyz switch is OK, assuming alignment is correct.

After that you need to get the box diagnosed by something like nanocom and see if there are any clues.

The other mechanical check is to put pressure gauges on the test ports and see if everything is correct. Use of pressure sensors and an oscilloscope appears to be a much better way of doing this though, with the ability to almost tell exactly what is wrong from the traces. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vM2eylbj4Go