Freelander 1 front disc shield - only genuine???

gadget

I'm replacing the front discs and pads. The disc shields are shadows of their former selves. One has just fallen off and the other won't be far behind it.

A quick search for SEC100341 and SEC100351 is only turning up genuine LR at £45 each. Any one know of an after market shield?

Given that this has driven around for a while with about 15% area wise of wafer thin rust and paint remaining of the original shields you're quite right. No difference noticed at all :)

The only reason i'm looking for them is because i could fit new ones easily whilst the discs and callipers are off. If i can find sensibly priced replacements i'll put them on but at £45 a side i'm going to pass.

A few breakers said they'd include the shield with a hub but none had shields available to post on their own.

I'll keep an eye out for them and stick them on when i find some. For now i've done the discs and pads after spending a few hours removing a rather well seized faulty abs sensor.