Rear Tow hooks For a Range rover classic

I made a steel rear bumper with recovery points in line with where it mounts to the chassis so that the pulling force went straight through to the chassis. It was box section and I cut the back away so it sat over the chassis a bit to get it as far back as possible. You can beef the chassis up too where it bolts on with a few bits of plate.

DSC00130DesktopResolution.jpg

IMG_0206.jpg

229445_10150263905346579_665611578_89547

• 4 weeks later...

Cynic-al, can you post some more photos of the back of your car? I am looking for a design on a home made HD rear bumper and I think yours looks really nice! It would be amazing if you also have the measurements of the box section that you used.

Thanks, shame i don't have it any more :/ 

The tank guard is an Equipe one, I got it from LRS offroad, I don't know if you have a more local distributor. It's actually a discovery 1 part but fits if you have the anti roll bar mounts. I didn't so I made some and welded them to the chassis. 

The rear bumper was just made from a piece of box, something like 100 x 40 or 100 x 60, can't remember exactly, it was just something I had? I hacked a slot so it fit over the back chassis and profiled the ends. It fastened to the original bumper mount points which I reinforced which is also where the rear shackles fastened and to the towbar mount in the centre. 

These are the only photos I have, not sure they're that useful.

DSC00130DesktopResolution.jpg

DSC00124DesktopResolution.jpg

IMG_0185.jpg

IMG_0206.jpg

384307_10150358229344407_601767932_n_zps

384552_10150510297848966_1267862138_n_zp

After that I bobtailed it and welded a lump of box across the chopped chassis but it wasn't until I put the body back on that I realised it was way too low, I should've kept the back of the chassis that swept up and the bumper I made above but you live and learn.

20150502_143202%20Medium_zps1mvqzg6n.jpg