109/110 tub and roof dimensions

Snagger

Hi folks,

Since I can't actually use my spanners on my 109 while I'm exiled, I'm getting a little bored and fancy planning a camper conversion to be undertaken once I get home - Helena saw some really nice Mog and 101 campers and is now game for a grand tour.  The deal is, though, that I need to convert the back of the 109 better for camping, rather than using a tent.

The idea is to make internal storage, including a seating area, work/eating table, cooking area, sink, food and clothing storage, fridge, possibly a toilet, and here's the kicker - I want a full width sleeping platform at roughly tub capping level (too narrow for two people with storage up the sides).  The plan is to do this, at least initially, without modifying the roof, so no pop top, Dormobile or Carawagon roof.

What I have in mind is to have what appears at first glance to be a conventional system, but have the high units reposition into the floor area to form the base of the sleeping platform, so that the tops of those relocated areas sit level with the fixed units along either side.  All units would have top opening as well as front opening, and the movable sections would have to be sectional to make shifting them easy (teflon strips and maybe a mechanical lowering/raising system will be used).

Two questions: has anyone seen anything along these lines already, and can anyone please give me the relevant dimensions for the tub and hard top (width of tub floor, wheel arch tops, width between cappings, length of floor and to back of bulkhead from door, height of bulkhead and wheel arches).  I'll have to get my son to teach me how to use his CAD programme, too!

I insulated/boarded out the back of the 110 last weekend for an impromptu camping trip, don't have all the measurements to hand but some are below if they help. The bulkhead has been removed so a little different but I'm 5'11" and could comfortably stretch out in the back without hitting the bulkhead removal bar or the rear door. Due to having a storage draw already fitted, I made the sleeping platform at the same level as the wheel boxes which gives more headroom for getting dressed etc. You can just about sleep 2 people on the width of the floor without going onto the wheelboxes but its not comfortable.

Width of floor 900mm

Length of floor at wheelbox height 1,815mm - this doesn't sound right so maybe double check.

Height of wheel box 230mm

Depth of wheel box 340mm

Depth of wheelbox less internal protrusion of the capping 250mm

Wheelbox to top of capping 230mm

Capping top to roof join 547mm

Roof gutter join to height in centre of roof 150mm

With regards to building fixed units and a seating area, it's worth having a look here for some ideas. http://coastlinecampers.com/project-gallery-1

Edited by Boris113

22 hours ago, Snagger said:

Thanks, Boris.  That does sound a bit short for the floor length, but it might be right.  I have a bulkhead removal bar too, so not far from your configuration.

I've been doing a lot of searched, and this is something akin to what I have in mind, but with the upper part of the left side able to be dropped into the centre to increase sleeping area width and provide the missing part of the sleep platform: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/421438477614576608/