Remapped TD5 boost pressure....

TobyMellin

As has been said above, there is no reason the boost pressure would have increased with the remap unless the wastegate has been tweaked. 

My Td5 normally boosted to 1 bar (14.5 psi) and giving it some welly up hill with a loaded trailer I very briefly saw 1.12 bar. This was on a Nanocom - I have no boost gauge.

I think your intercooler just had enough!

Toby

The tuner did adjust the wastegate with the tune, which I thought was pretty common with remapped TD5's. 

Hmm I am tempted to take the car to a different tuner and get another opinion. 

My car has the usual:

Alumnium intercooler

EGR removed

Air filter

Straight pipe

It's still doesnt pull as well as my friends 15p that has been remapped though. 

Anyone recommend any tuners local to Manchester?

Cheers

Toby

I'm assuming your on Facebook? If you look up storm tuning, Dan should be able to help get you sorted out, 

They have been working extremely hard on shaking up the td5 tuning market which had become stale in recent times.

Any issues drop me a pm 

11 hours ago, RedLineMike said:

I'm assuming your on Facebook? If you look up storm tuning, Dan should be able to help get you sorted out, 

They have been working extremely hard on shaking up the td5 tuning market which had become stale in recent times.

Any issues drop me a pm 

Cool, I'll have a look now. 

Cheers

If it helps my engine is a 15P - not that I would think makes any difference for torque/power. I have a standard air filter and standard exhaust but do have the EGR removed and have a Serck motorsport intercooler fitted and runs boost pressures as above. As already mentioned it goes very well and pulls trailers with ease even with a discovery transfer box fitted. It does not smoke at all and when it was MOT'd, the tested couldn't even get a puff out of it (which supprised me to) and seems remarkably good on fuel - but then I had V8's before!

Do you know what remap yours has had and what your friends has had as it may be unfair to compare if one is say a stage 1 and one a stage 2 for instance?

Toby