fuel line connection leaking

western

on a friends we have had a look at the parts info but cannot find it. N reg 95/96 model year Discovery [was a V8] now a 300Tdi. found this fuel line connector leaking from the rear pipe connection into the connector, does anyone recognise the inline connector, it looks to be a push fit type similar to those used for axle/gearbox breather systems 

photo's below show it's location on the subject vehicle

help pleaee ????

WP_20170422_19_54_39_Pro.jpg

WP_20170422_19_54_50_Pro.jpg

WP_20170422_19_55_03_Pro.jpg

Looks a lot like a compression air fitting as you suggest.

I'd be worried that a air line was used and not fuel safe pipe and fittings when it was converted. Might be simplest and safest to run a length of fuel safe pipe without joints.

Neil

the pipes look to be original [not sure if LR ever used yellow nylon fuel pipes] we know the vehicle was converted from V8 to 300tdi back in early 2014, my friend bought the Disco in 2015 when it hadn't been run for at least 6 months, he noticed some wet patches under it in the last few days, so we just had to find out where it was leaking from, 

he's going to a diesel injection place on monday on his day off to see if they can sort it.

Most modern vehicles are using push fit fittngs on their fuel lines and have for many years. as they are easily demountable by pushing the locking ring back against the pressure to release. they seal with an "O" ring which is suitable for the liquid they carry. If the pipe is damaged with a scratch or split they will leak. a simple solution might be to take the fitting apart and check the seal and pipe or use a copper compression fitting as most lines are either 8 or 10mm diameter. Don't overtighten as the pipe will collapse. I have bypassed my sedimentor with a 10 x 8mm reducer with no problem and also replaced a faulty pipe from the tank with a length of 8mm copper.