Ashcroft CV Stub Axle Machining

Hi All,

I've got a pair of early type ashcroft CV's (and shafts) to fit to and early disco axle (although not got the axle yet).

Ashcroft state that the stub will need a small amount of machining. Does anyone know where on the stub that machining is required? Can it be done with a grinder / dremel?

Thanks

Tom

From Ashcroft website.

This type can also be fitted to early Disco I's but you will need to make a small machining mod to the stub for clearance, we are able to provide details of this for you. The overall length measurement is 236mm

58 minutes ago, tjolliffe said:

Yeah I know, I've seen that, just want to know what the 'machining mod' actually is..

I suggest you follow the advice, politely emphasised already " ... we are able to provide details of this for you. ".

Do we really need to write 'Phone or email Ashcroft's directly'?
Or should we detect some previous bad blood between you and them, that makes personal contact unviable?