propshaft lengths

Tonk

done a search cos i thought somewhere on here was a thread about the various standard propshaft lengths for lr's, but couldn't find anything. anyone know the thread i'm on about? or is there somewhere on the net with all the relevant info i am looking for?

• 1 month later...

John,

Just start off with another 109" rear prop and shorten it to suit. They easy enough to shorten!

Just make sure that there is enough movement in the slip joint for what you want. Also bear in mind that ex-coiler prop shafts have higher angle u/j's than a series one does!

Jon

Hmmm, the suspension does move a bit more than standard, perhaps I'd be better off buying a couple of 110 rears and shortening them to suit...

Or perhaps I may as well phone the propshaft clinic and get them to make something that fits :rolleyes:

While we are on the subject of Proshafts.

I am having am hopefully having a wide angle propshaft made by the propshaft clinic. They want the measurement from flange to flange. I have got this as 67cm. Measuring the prop off the vehicle fully compressed it was 65.5cm. Full length I am unsure of as the two parts seperated and unsure where full travel is.

Vehicle is a 2.5 petrol 90. So transferbox is bolted to the standard lt77 lt230 combination. Does anyone have the length on record just to check i have measured it correctly before i order. The new shaft will have a 7cm sliding joint. So i prsume from 67cm that would be 3.5 cm each way.

Thanks

Jon

is there any reason why you cant use a rear prop on the front, other than stupidity?

Sometimes they are phased differently I believe (on coilers anyway as they are full-time 4x4) but other than that I don't think so.

My reason for not going with the 109 rear on the front is leafer props have shorter slip joints and smaller angle UJ's and the 109 has a bit more travel than standard ;)