SHOW US YOUR DISCO

russ3120

OK this thread is getting silly for people on slow connections!

Could everybody please use some common sense and resize photos BEFORE uploading - 800x600 being the preferred maximum size!

As per the sticky thread at the top of this forum http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=10496

Not 200000x150000 and umpteen megabytes.

Thank you!

Stephen

Discovery forum moderator

here's mine, i've only had it about a month and not been off road yet as im waiting for 2 mates to finishing building theres (1 with a 5.7 v8 diesel disco pick up the other with a series 3 200tdi )

its a standard 3.9 v8 auto but it should tow my other toys around easily enough ( a trans-am and a camaro)

post-8696-1210525091_thumb.jpg

post-8696-1210525105_thumb.jpg

Hi all! Got the MOT and tax yesterday (thank god its pre '01!) so went for a drive on the hill behind the house. No mods but all legal thanks to the help from the peeps on here!

Cheers

Rob

post-8673-1210528914_thumb.jpg

Here's mine. 2004 D2 Facelift (well registered 31st Dec 03 so garage could get is Dec bonus - on road June 04....)

Pretty standard, but with alot of the toys i wanted for a predominantly road use car.

However, i do loads of towing generators etc into wet field for live events, so with rear air suspension and the General Grabber AT2 tyres on, it has really shown its worth!

Still got a few mods to do in the for of multi height tow bars, light grills etc, but then i'll stop and start saving for the defender for the off road fun

post-9297-1210582863_thumb.jpg

post-9297-1210582908_thumb.jpg

Hi all! Got the MOT and tax yesterday (thank god its pre '01!) so went for a drive on the hill behind the house. No mods but all legal thanks to the help from the peeps on here!

Cheers

Rob

Which bit of

Could everybody please use some common sense and resize photos BEFORE uploading - 800x600 being the preferred maximum size!

As per the sticky thread at the top of this forum http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=10496

Not 200000x150000 and umpteen megabytes.

was not clear?

Here's mine (clean for a change too :) )

IMAG0004-1.jpg

200 Series 3.5 V8 EFi with LPG

Hi Disco Al,

I note the "LPG". Can you give us some info on the conversion please?

On a new post, otherwise we may be labeled as hi-jackers...... ;)

Thanks,

Thys

Sorry Thys, you would be wasting your time here in SA with LPG. It is expensive, and is mainly used by fleet users to cut down on 'shrinkage', ie. it is hard to steal. Also there are few places that sell it.

mine when i got it, still the same but with winch bumper and steering guard fitted. will soon be finished hopefully because when i can borrow a welder i will be flying. it also does not help having to go to school all week then work one day on the weekend so i only get about a day a week to play around with it

post-8457-1210630377_thumb.jpg

russ i think i have seen your truck down llangorse lake over backholiday weekend as i work down there on my days off school. Looks nice. ;) .

maybe when mine is done you can show me some of the lanes round brecon :P .

cheers

Just bought my pig ready to get even more muddy !

DSC01287.jpg

DSC01288.jpg

DSC01291.jpg

I stand to be corrected but your spare tyre, being a completely different size to your other wheels, means that if you were to use it you would be in all sorts of trouble with your diffs, let alone the mot. Suggest you get one with the same rolling radius just in case ;)

Disco Tony, did you buy the pig already like that or did you fit the flaps yourself.. does it involve messing the rear doors?

what lift has it got ? 3" ?

size of tyres ?

Our disco either got shorter springs than the standard ones or they lost their will to work cause it sits depressingly low.. trying to upload pic but not managing ... will try later.

thanks

Everybody, please, writedown the lift and tires you have. This would be useful for such newbiew as meee:)

3in lift and 34 in simex jungle tyres ?

think i need a spare as was pointed out earlier lol

I stand to be corrected but your spare tyre, being a completely different size to your other wheels, means that if you were to use it you would be in all sorts of trouble with your diffs, let alone the mot. Suggest you get one with the same rolling radius just in case ;)

Absolutely no requirement to even have a spare for the MOT let alone have one that fits! As a get you home the different radii will not cause any long term damage to diffs as this difference in rotational speeds is what they are designed to compensate for. Just don't go too far too fast!