New life for a Disco

LR90

OK, my Disco is still doing its duty as DD but with all the talk of bobbing Rangies its got me thinking. What can I do with the Disco when its no longer fit for DD duties.

I LOVE RogueVogue's tubed and plastic paneled toy but while it looks perfect using the RR bulkhead/bonnet I'm just not sure how it would work with a Disco.

A Tomcat would be nice but in a sense it would just be another Tomcat and I'd rather like to have something that's well just different.

Anyone seen anything truely inspirational that started life as a Disco?

Here are a few i 'pinched' off the net

Tray back...

tb.bmp-copy.jpg

This is quite radical (for a disco!) would have looked much nicer if the wing tubes had been curved to shape...

DSCN1526LowRes-copy.jpg

And my favourite...

112432.jpg

I have plenty of other pictures, how many am i allowed to post?!

I was planning on chopping my discovery, but seeing as i now have to pay rediculous insurance :angry: on it as a 'slightly' modified vehicle, i ll have to put it off till i am 25

Toby

Here are a few i 'pinched' off the net

Tray back...

tb.bmp-copy.jpg

I have plenty of other pictures, how many am i allowed to post?!

I was planning on chopping my discovery, but seeing as i now have to pay rediculous insurance :angry: on it as a 'slightly' modified vehicle, i ll have to put it off till i am 25

Toby

Hmm, I like that tray back.

Pics, post me up...

Is yours 2 or 4 door? Mines 4, not sure if that would make it easier or more diff to modify.

Hi,

mine is a 3 door so i think it would probably be easier but this was a 5 door once...

SouthdownDisco-copy.jpg

This is a bit tasty too...

856858-1116239875.jpg

although i generally think pick up versions look best.

Here is the tray back...

2004349sooty-copy.jpg

2004370sooty-copy.jpg

2004200sooty-copy.jpg

I must spend too long browsing the internet!! :lol:

Toby

(mr Mod, am i allowed to post pictures with the website watermark on them? i have just been to the website and it is being updated so i cant check)

I don't really know what the protocol is but as people nick stuff and re-post it all the time I don't suppose it matters, if the original source complains it will have to be removed though. From what I could tell the items weren't hot-linked to somebody else's site which would be the main cause for complaint.

• 2 weeks later...

Ooooo, ragtop! I like.

Trev - you say RogueVogue's thing looked good but you're not sure about the Disco bits, well, they're the same! RR chassis / bulkhead are the same as the disco items, the Disco was a parts-bin special remember?

BTW when choosing what to do surely you need your young style consultant to decide what's cool, or would she just go straight for a Tomcat? :D

Ooooo, ragtop! I like.

Trev - you say RogueVogue's thing looked good but you're not sure about the Disco bits, well, they're the same! RR chassis / bulkhead are the same as the disco items, the Disco was a parts-bin special remember?

BTW when choosing what to do surely you need your young style consultant to decide what's cool, or would she just go straight for a Tomcat? :D

Yes, Tomcat is a strong favrite but she's not seen the RogueVogue yet.

If B/H is the same could I put the RR scuttle on and chopped bonnet a la RR? Having to retain the Disco wings would be a pain, I'd like to reduce the amount of bendable bodywork. Or more accurately I'd just like to reduce the amount of bodywork :D