wibbly wobbly speedo

think I've got all the wire colours sussed now, no traction control or abs wiring on the instrument pack, also I won't need the check engine & engine immobilsers, water in fuel sensor warning lights either. still thinking of just using the gauges/speedo with my existing warning light unit, will try it for a while & see how I get on with them after a while.

Right,

0230-6 to -10 red/slate - wiring combination to turn off ABS light function

0230-9 to -13 black/white - wiring combination to switch off brake fluid light, connect 0230-14 to brake level switch

0230-2 yellow/black - not needed

0233-6 120km/h speed limiter warning light

HTH Ralph :)

Mo

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Looking at mine the trip reading would need a permanent 12v feed to keep it intact, just increasing the total reading on mine, & everytime I switch off the power supply the trip reverts to a 0.0 reading, it's OK if the power is left on. one of the wires needs a permanent feed via a 5amp fuse, maybe thats the trip save wire.

Are you saying that this is the one to retain the trip meter reading, Ralph ?

Mo

thought it was, but I'm wrong, looking at all the wiring info we've got within the thread, the brown/blue is for the alarm led., there's a purple/white that's a permanent live feed on pin 9 of the upper connector block that might be the one to save the trip reading.

but don't quote me :lol:

thought it was, but I'm wrong, looking at all the wiring info we've got within the thread, the brown/blue is for the alarm led., there's a purple/white that's a permanent live feed on pin 9 of the upper connector block that might be the one to save the trip reading.

but don't quote me :lol:

No, Ralph, brown/blue is perm live, alarm is pink. I can't find a purple/white in the wiring diagrams but I can find a purple/brown going to pin 9 of the 1060 connector. I'll investigate further.

Mo

No, Ralph, brown/blue is perm live, alarm is pink. I can't find a purple/white in the wiring diagrams but I can find a purple/brown going to pin 9 of the 1060 connector. I'll investigate further.

Mo

so that means some of the wiring info above is incorrect then. :rolleyes:

just had a play with mine, as it's indoors & racking up the total reading, with the power supply on & transducer running, I've disconnected the white/green feed & the mileage/trip reading went out, when I reconnected it the readings came back to thier previous digits.

• 3 weeks later...

sent the speedo off to Digidash to have the total reading adjusted [increased] to match my 110's existing total reading, so while I'm on my Xmas holiday I can fit the new electronic speedo/fuel & temp gauges, still not sure if I'll use the illuminated heater slide parts or the Td5 warning light part.

I bet that took them aback, when you asked them to increase the milage!! :lol::lol::lol:

He was fine about it, no awkward questions just wanted to know that it was a increase & the existing mileage total, sent it last Friday afternoon & due to the weekend [no delivery] it arrived @ digidash on Monday, got it back this Weds just gone, really quick service & less than 80quid inc post/packing [came back in the wrapping I sent it in] to sort it, much quicker than trying to add it myself with a electric drill & transducer, I can fine tune the total reading just before fitting the speedo & transducer & the loom you made for me :D

• 5 weeks later...