Park Brake warning light

western

If you want to make the park brake warning work, check here first

Peel back the rubber gaiter around the handbrake base [inside vehicle] if it's fitted you should see a white\yellow tracer cable and the small switch, it's held by 2 small screws

If it isn't there then your vehicle never had one fitted from new, it would only be fitted as described above,

but if you really want the warning light working, it's possible to buy the switch and cables to connect it all up, cos thats what I did

Switch handbrake warning x 1-----EEP191L

wiring lead x 1 ---------------------PRC3353 ) superseded by AMR3095

wiring lead x 1 ----------------------PRC4442 ) part of ^^^^^^^^^^^

Screw x 2----------------------------SE104124L

Washer x 2--------------------------WF104001L

No need to replace the handbrake lever you can just position & drill the existing one for the switch

Modified mine without problems, IIRC just position the switch correctly and drill 2 smally holes for the screws and you need to make and attach [weld] a small ramp to make the switch operate correctly---see pictures below

pics x 2 as promised bit fuzzy but shows the switch and home made ramp

upper pic handbrake on position switch plunger out

lower pic handbrake off position switch plunger in

On the parts page below connect both small spade connector ends of lead item 8 to the 'park brake' warning light on the dash -- doesn't matter about which fits top or bottom of the bulb holder, the male bullet end of lead 8 fits the multiplug [matching wire white/yellow tracer obviously] adjacent to the brake servo, the female bullet connects to the male bullet of lead item 2, the other end of lead 2 connects to the switch mounted on the handbrake mechanism as in my pics below.

parts cat. page

File0111.jpg.83fa617d5dd29f1b23ee65b0f46b49b1.jpg

2 larger picture of switch/operating ramp & sketch of ramp showing diemensions as promised :D

Handbrake on position

parkbrakeonposition.jpg.e70db4db31f671f9ec6ae13ea787da9e.jpg

Handbrake off position

parkbrakeoffposition.jpg.a119e4cd6f68f6f781eee1d0c7912e92.jpg

dimensions of ramp/attachment to handbrake lever

File0112.jpg.3839f038189c49344ed2c1bb3acff37a.jpg

that should allow you guys/girls to add this to your 90/110 :D

edited 03/04/09 :i-m_so_happy:

Edited by western
photo's replaced

Important Information

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience. By using our website you agree to our Cookie Policy