New Hydraulic Winch

saley

Interesting setup. Whats the weight of the winch?

Daan

Daan,

The prototype is a coulpe of kilo heavier than a 8274, but i will weigh the new castings and gears as they arrive and hopefully they will be almost the same weight.

John

Ok, £1495. seam's like a good price......... but what do you get for that ??? and what else do i need to get it working, how much will that all cost???? and will you be doing a FULL kit........ if so how much???? No now't about oil driven winch's :(:P

Thinking about the next build....... :ph34r:

Adrian,

For that you get a bare winch, i wanted to get a price up just to see how much interest there was.

We will be selling the FULL kit and the absolute price list will be going up at the show.

The parts list:

1 x winch setup

1 x winch

1 x motor

1 x pump & dogclutchover

1 x center valve

1 x single spool valve

1 x oil tank (bespoke)

7 x pipes

2 x winch setup

2 x winch

2 x motors

1 x pump & dogclutch

2 x overcentrevalve

1 x double spool valve

1 x oil tank (bespoke)

11 x pipes

spool valves can be manual/solonoid/single /double

I personally use solonoid and manual which lets you have very good control inside the car and fast rope dressing out side the car.

you can have whatever you like

John

Since we told every one the price this topic has gone cold

Personally I think that's a very good price if it includes pump, valve and plumbing.

My Milemarker will have cost about £1000 with a second hand winch, a type r electric soleniod, plumbing and a 40cc pump.

I'd have been tempted if this was available 6 months ago and I could afford 200 feet of plasma!

Any news on the video?

Personally I think that's a very good price if it includes pump, valve and plumbing.

My Milemarker will have cost about £1000 with a second hand winch, a type r electric soleniod, plumbing and a 40cc pump.

I'd have been tempted if this was available 6 months ago and I could afford 200 feet of plasma!

Any news on the video?

Unfortunately the price is for winch only,pump/motor are extra but if you compare to a modified 8274 then it is not expensive,

Carl.

"... the absolute price list will be going up at the show."

"you can have whatever you like"

"1 x motor

1 x pump & dogclutchover "

"Since we told every one the price this topic has gone cold"

It seems you are using this thread to gauge demand, so I'd just say this is what I'm interested in, ie, a pump driven off the crankshaft, and probably an associated motor.

Valves, pipes, and a tank etc, will all be required, but these aren't unique. However, if you want to have typical or guide prices available then I'd take that information.

I don't know if its valid to say 'if the Customer wants a square or rectangular tank, the price can be calculated on volume, starting at a minimum tank size of ....'.

I'll be clear, I don't know whether I'm going to attend the show, as I don't need this service 'now'.

I'm just letting you know of the interest, that will perhaps become solid later in 2008, although it is dependant on the outcome of other developments.

Hope this Helps.

Carl and John, I take my hat off to you - its a superb bit of innovation and the quality of the work you've done is superb especially as it was done by hand!

I also think the price is very good. Yes, it isn't cheap but you get what you pay for. Its a very nice solution and if I hadn't already gone down annother route I'd be very tempted by your setup.

Once again, awesome. I look forward to seeing it in action!

If anyone is interested I am just finishing off the details on my direct drive coupling for hydraulic pumps/ dog clutches onto 200TDI engines. At present it only fits the cast iron pulley but I am working on other versions. I am also working on pump mounting brackets for landrover engines. Will have final price by the weekend.

post-3984-1202148661_thumb.jpgpost-3984-1202148625_thumb.jpg

post-3984-1202148769_thumb.jpg

post-3984-1202148792_thumb.jpg

Hi Oldspot,

What size pump are you using with that crank-drive set-up?

Similar question for Carl/Saley what pump/motor capacity are you aiming at with your rather lovely winch? also what pressure will the PRV be ? and what sort of capacity tank? finally what grade oil would you run?

.....got a bit of a sub question on hydro set-ups , was talking to someone with a hyd winch on a Unimog recently and it heats 50l of oil to 70c + in less than 5min which seems rather too quick to me.....any ideas what might be causing this?

......a lot of wasted energy in all that heat :o

Good luck with launching your products everyone B) lots of work/orders ahead i hope

cheers

Steveb

If anyone is interested I am just finishing off the details on my direct drive coupling for hydraulic pumps/ dog clutches onto 200TDI engines. At present it only fits the cast iron pulley but I am working on other versions. I am also working on pump mounting brackets for landrover engines. Will have final price by the weekend.

post-3984-1202148661_thumb.jpgpost-3984-1202148625_thumb.jpg

post-3984-1202148769_thumb.jpg

post-3984-1202148792_thumb.jpg

Hi Old Spot

As I am gathering information for my build off a hydro winch I would like to know what pum do you use what is the cc and what is the max rpm and how do you avoid exceding the rpm limit?

Kind regards

Ole.

Adrian,

For that you get a bare winch, i wanted to get a price up just to see how much interest there was.

We will be selling the FULL kit and the absolute price list will be going up at the show.

The parts list:

1 x winch setup

1 x winch

1 x motor

1 x pump & dogclutchover

1 x center valve

1 x single spool valve

1 x oil tank (bespoke)

7 x pipes

2 x winch setup

2 x winch

2 x motors

1 x pump & dogclutch

2 x overcentrevalve

1 x double spool valve

1 x oil tank (bespoke)

11 x pipes

spool valves can be manual/solonoid/single /double

I personally use solonoid and manual which lets you have very good control inside the car and fast rope dressing out side the car.

you can have whatever you like

John

Look's like we're be having a chat at Slab :P see you there :i-m_so_happy:

Hi Old Spot

As I am gathering information for my build off a hydro winch I would like to know what pum do you use what is the cc and what is the max rpm and how do you avoid exceding the rpm limit?

Kind regards

Ole.

I have been running 26cc pump but the bush in the center of the coupling can be ordered to fit most pumps. The motor used on the type R Milemarker has a max rated speed of 750 rpm (16GPM) so using a bigger pump at high engine speeds may cause problems,Im sure we will find out what the problems are in a scietific way :lol:

The cradle goes right down the side of the engine and the engine mounts weld to it which can make engine fitment in non standard places easier.

The Ultimate Challenge ? That would be my guess?

Please do not forget that we have been racing againist the very good Type'R' for two years now?

And have not seen one of them take a major title yet. It will happen............

But when ?

Jim

QUOTE (landroversforever @ Feb 3 2008, 09:14 PM) *

gorgeous lump of metal parts biggrin.gif when i have the money and a land rover, i will be getting one. stuff all the sparky winches!

You can fit in other trucks aswell as lannys

well i dont think the 206 would like it. or have room behind the bumper for it!