P38 range rover electric Window Problems

teessidelad25

Hello all I'm selling my P38 Range Rover Westminster

I'm having problems with the windows not working properly

the front drivers door window goes up and down but when going up if you hold the button in it keeps driving. you get a message saying window not set when trying to use the method in the manual for clearing this nothing happens still the same.

getting same message on front passenger window too except it doesn't try to keep driving.

Carl

"the front drivers door window goes up and down but when going up if you hold the button in it keeps driving"

Presumably you get a loud banging when 'it keeps driving'?

If so this is the motor drive gear slipping on the worn regulator. The answer is a new regulator. You cannot 'set' the window if the motor does not stall, which it never will if the gears slip.

"message saying window not set ..... getting same message on front passenger window too except it doesn't try to keep driving"

Probably, you are not holding the switch operated for long enough when the window is in the stalled position.

You have to invoke a definate stall at both extremes, when fully open and when fully closed.

5 seconds is too long (unneccessary), 1 to 2 seconds is correct.

HTH

hello thanks for that advice but just seems weird that they both went at approximately the same time

i have tried reseting the pasenger one and it definetly wont reset. any further ideas

with regards to the regulator how much will that cost me and how easy is it to replace coz it looks like its riveted on.

p.s ...... my heated seats dont seem to be working if this someway connected ??

The Heated Seat problems are very very unlikely to be connected to any problem with the windows.

Certainly from your description so far, there is no connection between the two.

A new regulator might be over £100.00, go to the Rimmer Bros site and search in the catalogue. Rimmers list most things.

http://preview.tinyurl.com/2ofvvw

Part Number CVF100740

Description REGULATOR-ELECTRIC

Retail Price £122.96 inc. VAT

Part Number CVF100740P

Retail Price £76.38 inc. VAT

I don't know exactly what the difference is, one will be 'Land Rover', the other will be 'Pattern'. Phone and ask Rimmers

Use nuts and bolts instead of rivits.

Re the passenger window, if it won't set folowing the standard procedure I can only guess it's a problem with the door outstation. Starting with the window fully closed you hold the down button continuously, until the windows stalls at the bottom for a second. Then hold the up button continuously, until the window stalls at the top for a second.

do you know where i can get an outstation my p38 is a westminster 51 plate actually for sale at the mo but cant sell untill i fix it

i have tried that for passenger window so looks like the outstation.

when you say regualtor do you mean the mechanical parts???

regards carl

The Heated Seat problems are very very unlikely to be connected to any problem with the windows.

Certainly from your description so far, there is no connection between the two.

A new regulator might be over £100.00, go to the Rimmer Bros site and search in the catalogue. Rimmers list most things.

http://preview.tinyurl.com/2ofvvw

Part Number CVF100740

Retail Price £122.96 inc. VAT

Part Number CVF100740P

Retail Price £76.38 inc. VAT

I don't know exactly what the difference is, one will be 'Land Rover', the other will be 'Pattern'. Phone and ask Rimmers

Use nuts and bolts instead of rivits.

Re the passenger window, if it won't set folowing the standard procedure I can only guess it's a problem with the door outstation. Starting with the window fully closed you hold the down button continuously, until the windows stalls at the bottom for a second. Then hold the up button continuously, until the window stalls at the top for a second.

Now you have the regulator part number, you can Google that.

http://www.connectstores.com/lr/sp_35020.html

http://www.gce4x4.com/cvf100740-p38-front-...-side-p-33.html

http://www.connectstores.com/lr/sp_35020.html

show alternative pictures.

Any of these people may also have the Door Outstation AMR3358

Door Outstation AMR3358, try any suitable scrapyard.

Ebay has several - http://preview.tinyurl.com/34dq8h

Also try any of these for regulators, though you might have to ask, if they are secondhand they may not ebay them, and you aren't looking for a 5 year life span. You also know what the teeth on a worn regulator look like.

Watch the P&P charges, it may be cheaper to source both items from one place.

Ive managed to fix the passenger one by individually doing all windows up and down.

as for the drivers sdie one the one with the banging ive decided to buy a regulator mechanism which is 50 quid of ebay says its a new one.

more problems now driving home today and the cruise control has packed in but im guessing thats just a pipe change required.