110 side storage lockers

Edd

Ive been after extra storage space for a while. Some of you may know that i use the 110 for trips to North Africa as well as using it as a van to lug my gear around at home (hence any mods cant compromise internal storage).

I was inspired by the militray jerry can lockers and was lucky enough to pick up a pair of wolf locker doors for £10 at billing a couple of years ago. (yes it has taken that long)

My main problem was that ive got rock sliders fitted. but armed with a tape measure and an assortment of jerry cans i decided that you can just fit 2 20 liter jerry cans each side. (like the transglobal expedition wolfs)

just spent the last 3 days faddinbg them out of 2mm ally sheet with 3mm angle to add strength round the edge.

Including consumables i think theyve cost about £50 each (foleys doe some which wont fit with sliders for £130 = vat!)

I am well chuffed but was very aprehensive cutting the first hole!.

And to top it off it transpires that my 110 is 4mm short in the drives side wheel box. (but the locker still just fits with a bit of overhang.)

gallery_1018_483_11480.jpg

gallery_1018_483_38403.jpg

gallery_1018_483_1524.jpg

gallery_1018_483_26468.jpg

gallery_1018_483_8600.jpg

gallery_1018_483_61402.jpg

Edd

Edd

Looking good....I have been umming and aaahhing about doing this for over 2 years also.....one day. Did you support them at the rear of the lockers at all, or is it just the flange/lip that holds them in place? Think I saw the military ones had support straps at the back going up to something?

Cheers

James

Ps - what are the dimensions?

they are rivited to the vertical stifners on the sides of the wheel box and i am in the procces of mking up a crossmember to support them off the chassie. (it will fit were the csw cossmember bolts on top of the chassie rails./

Edd

• 12 years later...
9 hours ago, Chambo110 said:

Reviving an old post .. did you make the doors aswell ? I’m kinda hoping not as that’s probably beyond my skill set ☺️

If you read the first post he says he was lucky enough to pick up a couple of wolf locker doors at Billing regards Stephen 

• 9 months later...
On 1/17/2021 at 11:03 PM, Badger110 said:

However if you want some doors to create your own lockers, i've used these to good effect;

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Boat-Deck-Flush-Inspection-Hatch-375x375mm/184357253011?hash=item2aec8c6f93:g:DswAAOSwX59fY04t

IMG_0020.thumb.JPG.b5498e6b19dc6cb40a196cfad4b60001.JPG

IMG_0033.thumb.JPG.66aead8b1a471373497cee6e3ba6cf65.JPG

Bit of a bump, any more photos of this... 

I'd happily make a box myself, but the wolf doors are £110 by themselves.. 

This seems like a fairly sensible alternative..

• 1 year later...